Cadet Applicant Requirements
- Must be a student at South Lyon High or South Lyon East High Schools.
- Home Schooled students must reside within South Lyon High or South Lyon East High School districts.
- Candidates must be at a minimum age of 16 years old.
- Candidates must have good attendance and grades in school.
- Candidates should have the desire to be a firefighter after high school.
- Cadets are compensated for their time.
- Cadets are expected to participate in trainings, work public education events, and be as involved as possible.
- Minors will not be permitted in situations where the environment may be hazardous.
- The South Lyon Fire Department is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants shall have a valid Michigan driver's license with good driving record.
- Applicants may not have felony, drug, violent crime, or criminal sexual conduct convictions.
Complete the application and drop off or mail to the address: South Lyon Fire Department, 217 Whipple Street, South Lyon, MI 48178
A completed application, with signatures, may be scanned and then emailed to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org